Thursday, March 29, 2012

Can't configure Web Service Identity

I recently renamed my server from tmpSrv to tfsSrv (names have been changed to protect the innocent). When I go to the Reporting Services Configuration Manager I have all greens except for the Web Service Identity field.

Trying to set that isn't working...the ASP.Net service account is NT Authority\Network Service, and the application pools defined are using that Network Service account as well. When I hit the "Apply" button I get a message saying:

Setting Web Service Identity

There was an error setting the identity for the web service. The previously set identity will still be used.

I'm trying to install Team Foundation Server on the box, and when I run the tfrsconfig /verify tool I see that the Web Service Identity is not set at all.

I've been battling this for a couple of days now with no effect. I even broke down and gave "Everyone" administrative access on the server in an attempt to fix it.

Thanks for any help

Hello Joe,

I think you'll need to edit the rsreportserver.config file in the directory: X:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\Reporting Services\ReportServer. Search for <WebServiceAccount>NT Authority\NetworkService</WebServiceAccount> and you can change it here. I believe this will have to match the security you have setup for the application pool.

Hope this helps.

Jarret

|||Which version of OS and RS are you running? If you click on "tell me more" link in the config tool there should be more messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment