Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Can't change language in server properties

Hi

I'm running SQL Server 2005 Express SP1 on a Danish PC, and I need to have the server language set to Danish.

However, when I want to change the language in server properties (the current language is English (US) using Management Studio Express, I can't - all of the properties on the General page are greyed out.

I know that the SQL Server Express SP1 download is available in several languages (Danish not being one of them) - does that mean that I can't get my SQL Server Express SP1 installation to "speak" Danish at all?

Please help - it's driving me up the wall.

It depends on what you mean by "speak" Danish.

If you mean you want your error messages in Danish, that won't happen. We only support a limited number of localized versions of SQL Server.

If you mean you want to have SQL to store Danish language data, we support that through unicode data types and collation order. You can read more about SQL Collation in BOL; try starting at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms143503(SQL.90).aspx for a quick overview and move on from there.

Regards,

Mike Wachal

|||

I have a similar problem, my client and server use the brazilian language but the SQL Server 2005 uses English-US.

How I change the language to brazilian?

I have problems using datetime send from a application developped in Delphi.

The program woks fine dates in the months Jan, Mar, Jun, Jul, Nov and Dec

|||

I have a similar problem, my client and server use the brazilian language but the SQL Server 2005 uses English-US.

How I change the language to brazilian?

I have problems using datetime send from a application developped in Delphi.

The program woks fine dates in the months Jan, Mar, Jun, Jul, Nov and Dec

procedure TForm1.BitBtn1Click(Sender: TObject);
var
i:Integer;
begin
Table1.EmptyTable;
Table1.open;
for I := 1 to 500 do
begin
Table1.Append;
Table1Teste.value:= 'Testando '+Inttostr(I);
Table1Data.Value:= Date+I;
Table1.post;
end;
ShowMessage('Terminei');
Table1.close;
end;

end.

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment