Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cant Connect

I have installed SQL 2005 and just done a normal install. I have opened
Server Management Studio and try and connect but I get the error;
...this failure may be caused buy the face that under the default settings
SQL server does not allow remote connections (provider: TCP Provider, error:
0 - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused
it) (Microsoft SQL Server, error 10061)
Now this error only happens when connecting to the DB engine, it works fine
connecting to analysis services. I have chosen Windows Auth and also
specifying my sql account with the password with is a member of the SQL
groups in the users container but still doesn't work. I am logged in as
Administrator but I get this error.
I have installed SQL before and it worked fine, then it messed up so I
installed SQLExpress now I installed 2005 beta again to play some more and
its done this.
I am using server 2003 SP1
Thanks for your help
Chris
FIXED :D
I just needed to manually create the MSSQL ODBC connector and its fine
learn something new everyday
"kicken18" <chrisflyer@.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:ytiQf.138242$DM.34380@.fe3.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
>I have installed SQL 2005 and just done a normal install. I have opened
>Server Management Studio and try and connect but I get the error;
> ...this failure may be caused buy the face that under the default settings
> SQL server does not allow remote connections (provider: TCP Provider,
> error: 0 - No connection could be made because the target machine actively
> refused it) (Microsoft SQL Server, error 10061)
> Now this error only happens when connecting to the DB engine, it works
> fine connecting to analysis services. I have chosen Windows Auth and also
> specifying my sql account with the password with is a member of the SQL
> groups in the users container but still doesn't work. I am logged in as
> Administrator but I get this error.
> I have installed SQL before and it worked fine, then it messed up so I
> installed SQLExpress now I installed 2005 beta again to play some more and
> its done this.
> I am using server 2003 SP1
> Thanks for your help
> Chris
>
|||Going on from this however, if i wanted a desktop machine to connect, say,
Microsoft Access to my SQL database, do i need to create a MSSQL client
connection in the desktop ODBC?
Thanks
Chris
"kicken18" <chrisflyer@.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:zsjQf.138255$DM.65219@.fe3.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
> FIXED :D
> I just needed to manually create the MSSQL ODBC connector and its fine
> learn something new everyday
> "kicken18" <chrisflyer@.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:ytiQf.138242$DM.34380@.fe3.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
>
|||> Going on from this however, if i wanted a desktop machine to connect,
> say, Microsoft Access to my SQL database, do i need to create a MSSQL
> client connection in the desktop ODBC?
This is one of two possible choices.
The other one is to create an ADP and use OLE DB provider.
PBsoft di Gabriele Bertolucci
www.pbsoft.it
skype: pbsoftsolution
|||sorry to sound dumb, but could you dumb that down a bit please lol
thanks
chris
"Gabriele Bertolucci" <info@.REMOVEpbsoft.it> wrote in message
news:875ea355bbff8c8132b72f2d7d6@.news.virgilio.it. ..
> This is one of two possible choices.
> The other one is to create an ADP and use OLE DB provider.
> --
> PBsoft di Gabriele Bertolucci
> www.pbsoft.it
> skype: pbsoftsolution
>
|||> sorry to sound dumb, but could you dumb that down a bit please lol
Sorry for my poor english, but I was not able to welle translate your sentence.
May you explain better, please?
PBsoft di Gabriele Bertolucci
www.pbsoft.it
skype: pbsoftsolution
|||Can you explain what you mean by
"The other one is to create an ADP and use OLE DB provider."
I dont know what it is, also, would it be better to do it your way or my
way?
Thanks
Chris
"Gabriele Bertolucci" <info@.REMOVEpbsoft.it> wrote in message
news:875ea355bc088c813301ae47a36@.news.virgilio.it. ..
> Sorry for my poor english, but I was not able to welle translate your
> sentence. May you explain better, please?
> --
> PBsoft di Gabriele Bertolucci
> www.pbsoft.it
> skype: pbsoftsolution
>
|||ADP is an Access Data Project - an Access front end that
uses SQL Server as the backend and doesn't involve Jet or
mdb files. You can find more information on this in the
Access help files - look for Access Project topics.
-Sue
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:16:14 GMT, "kicken18"
<chrisflyer@.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Can you explain what you mean by
>"The other one is to create an ADP and use OLE DB provider."
>I dont know what it is, also, would it be better to do it your way or my
>way?
>Thanks
>Chris
>"Gabriele Bertolucci" <info@.REMOVEpbsoft.it> wrote in message
>news:875ea355bc088c813301ae47a36@.news.virgilio.it ...
>
|||Ah yes I do remember now, I think I have tried to use these befor.
Thanks for your assistance
Chris
"Sue Hoegemeier" <Sue_H@.nomail.please> wrote in message
news:hr2612lvbhhr1teiojvhb7aba44nb3huoe@.4ax.com...
> ADP is an Access Data Project - an Access front end that
> uses SQL Server as the backend and doesn't involve Jet or
> mdb files. You can find more information on this in the
> Access help files - look for Access Project topics.
> -Sue
> On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:16:14 GMT, "kicken18"
> <chrisflyer@.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
|||Thank you for the good help there, I can now go and test this.
Thank you for your time
Chris
"Gabriele Bertolucci" <info@.REMOVEpbsoft.it> wrote in message
news:875ea355bc418c813581ba41986@.news.virgilio.it. ..
> From Access you have two possibilities to use a MS SQL database.
> 1) OLE DB provider
> 2) ODBC driver
> 1) this is the best choice, in conjuntion to an Access Data Project.
> Microsoft created ADPs in order to interface SQL Server databases by
> Access via OLE DB provider and Jet Data Provider. ADPs connect to a SQL
> instance and let you see tables, stored procedures, views, functions, and
> so on.
> 2) this method lets you use Access as simply as with any other MDB.
> Indeed, you have to define a system DSN in Windows Data Source, then you
> create an MDB and link tables from the ODBC source you defined. Yet, you
> are not able to exploit stored procedures, views, functions, and so on.
> I suggest you to use the first method.
> Bye.
> --
> PBsoft di Gabriele Bertolucci
> www.pbsoft.it
> skype: pbsoftsolution
>

No comments:

Post a Comment