Tuesday, March 27, 2012

can't backup DB after detach/attach

I moved a database to a new cluster using detach/attach. Now I am unable to
back it up.
When I do it manually it flashes very quickly saying that it has finished,
but the backup file is only 0 KB. When I run it as part of a maintenance pla
n
I am getting the following error in the logs:
[2] Database myDB: Verifying Backup...
[Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 3201: [Microsoft]&#
91;ODBC SQL
Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open backup device
'F:\sqlBackups\myDB\myDB_db_200512131435
.BAK'. Device error or device
off-line. See the SQL Server error log for more details.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]VERIFY DATABASE i
s
terminating abnormally.
I am able to backup other databases on this instance so I am not sure why
this one is being so persnickity. Please let me know if you have any ideas.
Thanks.well , have you read error log file ?
"Robert Kinesta" <RobertKinesta@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9D5E94FC-5BAC-424E-8FAE-72B4908248BF@.microsoft.com...
>I moved a database to a new cluster using detach/attach. Now I am unable to
> back it up.
> When I do it manually it flashes very quickly saying that it has finished,
> but the backup file is only 0 KB. When I run it as part of a maintenance
> plan
> I am getting the following error in the logs:
> [2] Database myDB: Verifying Backup...
> [Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 3201: [Microsoft]
[ODBC
> SQL
> Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open backup device
> 'F:\sqlBackups\myDB\myDB_db_200512131435
.BAK'. Device error or device
> off-line. See the SQL Server error log for more details.
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]VERIFY DATABASE
is
> terminating abnormally.
>
> I am able to backup other databases on this instance so I am not sure why
> this one is being so persnickity. Please let me know if you have any
> ideas.
> Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment