Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cant Connect anymore

Need help. I changed my TCP connect port for SQL2005 to port 9601.
(ON THE SERVER..went into SQL Config manager >
SQL 2005 Net Config / TCPIP Properties
Changed TCP Port to 9601
Changed TCP PORT for IP2 section to 9601 where ip is 127.0.0.1
Changed TCP for IPAll section to 9601
Dynamic TCP Port was unchanged and remained blank..
Under SQL Config Manager > SQL Native Client Network
Changed TCP PORT to 9601
--
On my laptop went to
SQL Server Config manager
Changed TCP Port to 9601
under SQL Native Client /
Client Protocols / TCPIP..
REBOOTED EVERYONE..
I have a vb.net app, tried to access SQL DB and it failed, so I added the
new port (9601) in the connect
string, and then it worked, so I know the server port was changed to 9601.
However, can no longer connect VIA SQL 2005 Management STUDIO, says
An error has occ while establich connect... TCP Provider error: No
connection could be
made.. target machine actively refused it. Error #10061).
The vb.net app works with new port, why doesn't SQL Management studio?
Changed back to 1433 and everything works again. I've got to change the
port,
How can I and get SQL Management studio to work with a non default port?
Tried the Management studio on another machine.. same error, although vb.net
app connects fine under new port. This is crazy..
The server has an internet Ip address and I am accesing it via .com name (
in the vb.net app too)
( I tried the straight IP address, didn't work either)
Thanks BUCI stumbled across the answer, if I change the default port, I HAVE to create
an alias name and use it in the login box instead of the servername itself..
BUC
<Buc> wrote in message news:%23rm9$GUSGHA.4600@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Need help. I changed my TCP connect port for SQL2005 to port 9601.
> (ON THE SERVER..went into SQL Config manager >
> SQL 2005 Net Config / TCPIP Properties
> Changed TCP Port to 9601
> Changed TCP PORT for IP2 section to 9601 where ip is 127.0.0.1
> Changed TCP for IPAll section to 9601
> Dynamic TCP Port was unchanged and remained blank..
> Under SQL Config Manager > SQL Native Client Network
> Changed TCP PORT to 9601
> --
> On my laptop went to
> SQL Server Config manager
> Changed TCP Port to 9601
> under SQL Native Client /
> Client Protocols / TCPIP..
> REBOOTED EVERYONE..
> I have a vb.net app, tried to access SQL DB and it failed, so I added the
> new port (9601) in the connect
> string, and then it worked, so I know the server port was changed to 9601.
> However, can no longer connect VIA SQL 2005 Management STUDIO, says
> An error has occ while establich connect... TCP Provider error: No
> connection could be
> made.. target machine actively refused it. Error #10061).
> The vb.net app works with new port, why doesn't SQL Management studio?
> Changed back to 1433 and everything works again. I've got to change the
> port,
> How can I and get SQL Management studio to work with a non default port?
> Tried the Management studio on another machine.. same error, although
> vb.net app connects fine under new port. This is crazy..
> The server has an internet Ip address and I am accesing it via .com name
> ( in the vb.net app too)
> ( I tried the straight IP address, didn't work either)
> Thanks BUC
>|||Sounds like you don't have the sqlbrowser service running. The browser
service maps incoming requests to the port where the database is listening
so without the sqlbrowser service running, you have to specify the port in
the connect string.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
<Buc> wrote in message news:OzOFXlUSGHA.524@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I stumbled across the answer, if I change the default port, I HAVE to
>create an alias name and use it in the login box instead of the servername
>itself..
> BUC
> <Buc> wrote in message news:%23rm9$GUSGHA.4600@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment