Thursday, March 29, 2012

Can''t configure Features on Clustered Server

Hi, I am a relative newbie to SQL Server and I need some help trying to configure an existing clustered server. Using surface area configuration with "local" checked, I can see all of the components as pictured here. However, checking one (i.e. DatabaseMail) results in a pop-up message with "You cannot configure surface area of clustered services by connecting to a computer name. Connect to the virtual server to configure clustered services".

Ok. Fair enough. I then go back, check "remote" and enter the name of the cluster. After connecting, it only shows me a partial list of services as pictured here.

I first encounterd this while trying to enable Databasemail. However, I need to get an understanding of what I need to do be able to configure services or features on a clustered server using SAC.

Thanks for any help.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and how they solved it.

I've inherited this problem and still have not found a resolution. Any response would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment