Thursday, March 29, 2012

Can't Connect

I can't connect to this new box via sql server 2000, every time I try to
register sql server to this new server, I get this message:" SQL Server does
not exist or access denied. ConnectionOpen. Connect. " SQL Server 2000 is
running on the new box when I connect via remote access to the box. How can
I connect? They also created a DNS, but still can't connect via sql server.
Thanks.
--
New SQL Server DBAWhat account or login are you using when you try to register sql? I'm
guessing you are trying to register the new SQL server to your Enterprise
Manager?
JD
"Newbie" <Newbie@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:910795E9-3EB7-4DD2-89D3-E2FBA95100E4@.microsoft.com...
>I can't connect to this new box via sql server 2000, every time I try to
> register sql server to this new server, I get this message:" SQL Server
> does
> not exist or access denied. ConnectionOpen. Connect. " SQL Server 2000 is
> running on the new box when I connect via remote access to the box. How
> can
> I connect? They also created a DNS, but still can't connect via sql
> server.
> Thanks.
> --
> New SQL Server DBA|||I am using the sa account. Yes i am using EM. Thanks.
--
New SQL Server DBA
"Joe D" wrote:

> What account or login are you using when you try to register sql? I'm
> guessing you are trying to register the new SQL server to your Enterprise
> Manager?
> JD
>
> "Newbie" <Newbie@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:910795E9-3EB7-4DD2-89D3-E2FBA95100E4@.microsoft.com...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment