Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Can't back up Encryption Key

I am trying to backup Encryption Key for my reporting service. Configuration tool, prompts for a encryption key file location and a strong password. When I provide the same and click OK, I get the following error:

ReportServicesConfigUI.WMIProvider.WMIProviderException: An unknown error has occurred in the WMI Provider. Error Code 80070A91

> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070A91): Password doesn't meet the requirements of the filter dll's (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070A91)
End of inner exception stack trace
at ReportServicesConfigUI.WMIProvider.RSReportServerAdmin.ThrowOnError(ManagementBaseObject mo)
at ReportServicesConfigUI.WMIProvider.RSReportServerAdmin.BackupEncryptionKey(Byte[]& encryptedBytes, String password)

I have tried with passwords with different combination but none of them seem to help. Any ideas?

It looks like your system has a password complexity filter installed. If you search on the error message, you will see a number of articles explaining how you can build and install one; I would check to see if that's the case first.

In the absence of a password filter, the RS WMI provider will use the local Windows password policy rules on Windows 2003

-Tudor

|||

Hi quantum_csfb

Have you had any luck resolving this?

I am getting the same error.

I am running XP Pro SP2.

Thanks.

|||

Gr8 :-)

Of course this was the thing.
Using a password that complied with the windows police in complexity worked fine

Many Thx

|||

Hi

I am also having the same problem of encryption key backup with same error message. I checked the Windows password policy and am adhering to that but still the same problem persists.

Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment