Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cannot start Integration Services

Hi,
I would like to use the features of the Integration Service on SQL Server
2005.
Therefore I have to connect to Server type Integration Services.
When I connect, it is trying to connect for 30 seconds and then it displays
the message that the service did not respond to the start or control request
in a timely fashion.
When I try to start the integrated services service, it won't start.
The error I am getting is:
Could not start the SQL Server Integration Services service on Local
Computer.
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
timely fashion.
In the Event Log the following 2 errors are created:
ID 7000:
The SQL Server Integration Services service failed to start due to the
following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
fashion.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
ID 7009:
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the SQL Server Integration Services
service to connect.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
When I follow this hyperlink, a page is displayed with information how to
display the WIN32_EXIT_CODE error.
It tells me to type sc query <service name> from the command prompt.
I have not been able to see this error code, because I don't know the exact
name of the service.
I tried all kinds of variations of the name, in- and excluding spaces and
qoutes, but everytime I got this error:
The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
I am working with SQL Server 2005 on a Windows 2003 server.
Any ideas?Please see if this applies: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918644
Cheers,
Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com .|||It is working fine now, although there were lots of errors in the
installation logs of each update.
The errors reported failures of verifying the correct version of installed
files and some registry keys.
Thanks,
John.
Paul Ibison <Paul.Ibison@.Pygmalion.Com> wrote in message
news:#qFHBrnLHHA.4928@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Please see if this applies: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918644
> Cheers,
> Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com .
>

No comments:

Post a Comment