Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cannot show the editor for this task. Specified cast is not valid

This error is pretty persistent. I re-installed VS 2005 and SQL Server 2005 but did not help. Every time I try to open a Script Task editor it gives me the same error regardless of the project or package. DO I NEED TO REBUILD MY SYSTEM ?

===================================

Cannot show the editor for this task. (Microsoft Visual Studio)

===================================

Specified cast is not valid. (Microsoft.VisualBasic.Vsa.DT)


Program Location:

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Vsa.Dt.VsaIDE.get_ExtensibilityObject()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.VSAHosting.DesignTime.get_ExtensibilityObject()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.ScriptTask.ScriptTaskUI.Dispose()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.ScriptTask.ScriptTaskMainWnd.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at System.ComponentModel.Component.Dispose()
at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.DtrPackageDesigner.DoDefaultActionForTask(TaskHost task)

-

Any help is appreciated.

Gulden

.......

have you tried re-installing ssis?|||

I've re-installed SQL Server 2005 and Visual Studio 2005. Still cannot open the scripts.

|||

Last couple of days I have been re-installing VS 2005 and SQL Server 2005 from scratch. This is related to a system or temp file which was created by SSIS which does not go away when these apps uninstalled.

Would anybody know if I should go ahead and rebuild my system or are there any specific files or registry items involved that I should search for?

|||

When editing scripts, VB for applications flashes for a split second and goes away. When I am running the packages on the Debug mode, I get "SQL Server Integration Services Script Task has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for inconvenience" right away. And does not iterate through any script after that. I wonder if I have too many script tasks in the package (about 90)

Something has seriously been corrupted concerning the Script editing that no installation can fix. It is so unexplainable to me.

Any advice ?

|||

Mistery solved!

Apparently they pushed a Macromedia package to hundreds of people's computers in my workplace re-registering at least 20 dlls including vbscript.dll.

|||I am still experiencing this problem and none of the suggestions seem to work. Any help would be appreciated.|||Did you get this problem resolved?

I have the same problem on a production package that I need to run once a week. Any help is appreciated.

Pade|||

I face the same error. It was working fine - until suddenly i started getting this message "Specified cast is not valid. (Microsoft.VisualBasic.Vsa.DT)"

and it doesn't go away neither the script editor opens.

Anyone who has solved this issue ?

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment