Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cannot start Log Reader Agent and Snapshot Agent

I am testing peer to peer replication in our environment. I simulated a three node peer to peer topology and a local distributor.

For some wierd reason I cannot get the Log Reader Agent and snapshot agent to start. The domain account under which SQL Server Agent runs has administrator previlage on the box. I also use a domain account for SQL Server Service. (none of the passwords changed).

This is the error I am getting - "Executed as user: abc. A required privilege is not held by the client. The step failed"

Any ideas?

Also this domain account is a member of

SQLServer2005MSSQLUsers$ServerName$MSSQLSERVER

SQLServer2005MSAgentUser$ServerName$MSSQLSERVER


open the properties of each job and change the owner to sa and it should work fine.|||I tried it. No luck...it gives the same error message

No comments:

Post a Comment