Saturday, February 25, 2012

cannot start or verify that SQL 2005 is running

Hi,

I am new to sql 2005.

I have installed a trial version of 2005 enterprise edition.

After installing I went to Management Studio. I noticed that the server name

dropdown menu was blank so I tried to browse. No server names appear under local

or network servers. I then went to configuration manager and noticed that

although client protocols are listed under SQL client native config,

SQL server 2005 services and sql server 2005 network config are both blank. Is SQL

installed correctly? I hope this is enough info to illicit a helpful response.

Thank You.

Problem solved. I went to add remove apps and clicked change

on Microsoft SQL Server 2005 button. I am not sure what Microsoft

SQL Server Native Client is so I didn't mess with it. I saw that no instances

were listed under SQL Server 2005 instances so I clicked away until I had

added an instance - MSSQLSERVER. I am going to be using .net 2.0 framework

objects to connect to SQL so I am not sure if I messed up by Not installing in

mixed mode. Any advice on the mixed mode issue would be appreciated.

|||If you have no need for mixed mode, then don't install it. It kind of sounds like you don't so no worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment