Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cannot sort a row of size 9966, which is greater than the allowable maximum of 8094.

I understand I received this error because of the SQL Server row-size
limit, but I'm not sure how to fix it. The report query joins three
tables, and brings data from those tables. The problem is each table
has a Notes varchar(7800) field. If I comment out all notes field then
the query runs fine. Any ideas on how report needs to designed so that
all data can be shown?
Query to pull data from each table runs fine, I was wondering if I
should split the query into three queries, and then create a report
with two nested sub reports pulling data from each table. Before I go
down this path, if you have any suggestions or have implemented similar
solutions please share your thoughts.
Thanks
YogeshYou could use a convert and convert the the field to a smaller varchar.
Perhaps enough for them to see some of the note and then use drill through
to allow them to pull up another report that shows the notes for the current
record (search BOL for drill through).
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Yogesh" <yogeshprabhu@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1124397578.652639.273140@.g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I understand I received this error because of the SQL Server row-size
> limit, but I'm not sure how to fix it. The report query joins three
> tables, and brings data from those tables. The problem is each table
> has a Notes varchar(7800) field. If I comment out all notes field then
> the query runs fine. Any ideas on how report needs to designed so that
> all data can be shown?
> Query to pull data from each table runs fine, I was wondering if I
> should split the query into three queries, and then create a report
> with two nested sub reports pulling data from each table. Before I go
> down this path, if you have any suggestions or have implemented similar
> solutions please share your thoughts.
> Thanks
> Yogesh
>

No comments:

Post a Comment